Complete house refurbishment, including demolition and re-building of 2-storey rear extension. Original semi-detached house had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, separate WC, living room and kitchen.
Following refurbishment – 3 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room), 2 additional shower rooms, 4th single bedroom/study, open plan kitchen/diner/living area, patio garden. The purchase value more than doubled following refurbishment.
As well as creation of additional rooms, refurbishment included:
- relocation of staircase
- insulation of all walls
- replacement of windows and doors (external and internal)
- replacement of consumer unit and complete re-wiring
- replacement of regular central heating boiler with a combination condensing boiler
- installation of accumulator (supplying equal water pressure from all outlets when used simultaneously)
- replacement of all floors and flooring
- installation of fitted kitchen